Saturday, February 5, 2011

Never Abandoned

We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed. We are perplexed, but not driven to despair. We are hunted down, but never abandoned by God. We get knocked down, but we are not destroyed. 2 Corinthians 4:8-9

There are days I feel so squeezed that I feel like I can't breathe. Squeezed by the pressures of life - please tell me I am NOT alone! This scripture in Corinthians PROMISES me that I will NEVER be abandoned by God. I will rest in that - we should ALL rest in that. We may feel crushed, we may feel abandoned at times - but we are NOT alone.

Perplexed: confused, mixed-up, astonished, baffled, bewildered, jumbled, muddled... Have you ever been there? OH MY - all the time! Some days hit me so hard, I'm not sure which way is up! And yet - I am NEVER ABANDONED BY GOD.

Hunted down, knocked down - but NEVER destroyed!

I LOVE the antonyms for "abandoned" check this out: cherished, defended, kept, pursued, retained, supported.

Isn't that beautiful?? Not only will He never leave you - but the Creator Of The Universe - cherishes you, is your defender, He keeps you, He purses you, He retains you, He supports you!!!

Rest in that friends... rest in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment