Saturday, February 19, 2011

What HE says

Sometimes that "still small voice" I listen to is NOT the voice of God - but the voice of the one whose purpose is to destroy me. It's in the quiet moments that he likes to shout - and tell me about all that I am NOT and remind of the messes I have made in my life. It is at those moments that the VOICE OF TRUTH reminds of who I am in Christ. God's word is "sharper than a two edged sword" and can cut down and destroy the empty words of this world. Here are some incredible reminders of just that. Hold onto these promises friends! HIS word is true!

We say: "It's impossible"
God says: All things are possible
He replied, “What is impossible for people is possible with God.” Luke 18:27

We say: "I'm too tired"
God says: I will give you rest
Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.” Mat.11:28-30

You say: "Nobody really loves me"
God says: I love you
“For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

You say: "I can't go on"
God says: My grace is sufficient
Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. 2 Corinthians 12:9
When they call on me, I will answer; I will be with them in trouble. I will rescue and honor them. Psalm 91:15

You say: "I can't figure things out"
God says: I will direct your steps
Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take. Proverbs 3:5-6

You say: "I can't do it"
God says: You can do all things
I can do all this through him who gives me strength.Philippians 4:13

You say: "I'm not able"
God says: I am able
And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. 2 Corinthians 9:8

You say: "It's not worth it"
God says: It will be worth it
And because you belong to him, the power of the life-giving Spirit has freed you from the power of sin that leads to death.Romans 8:2

You say: "I can't forgive myself"
God says: I Forgive you
But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness. 1 John 1:9
So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus. Romans 8:1

You say: "I can't manage"
God says: I will supply all your needs
And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19

You say: "I'm afraid"
God says: I have not given you a spirit of fear
For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline. 2 Timothy 1:7

You say: "I'm always worried and frustrated"
God says: Cast all your cares on ME
Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you. 1 Peter 5:7

You say: "I don't have enough faith"
God says: A little faith goes a long way
Jesus told them. “I tell you the truth, if you had faith even as small as a mustard seed, you could say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it would move. Nothing would be impossible.” Matthew 17:20

You say: "I feel all alone"
God says: I will never leave you or forsake you
For God has said, “I will never fail you. I will never abandon you.” Hebrews 13:5

No comments:

Post a Comment