Thursday, February 24, 2011

My Day

Kids late to school because homework became "all-night-and-morning-work". A few hours later the school calls, one of the kids not feeling well, pick up kid - car won't start - battery dead. Got a jump start head home and all is well. Few hours later an accident with a toilet tank lid results in a broken, cracked lid. Home phone won't work, after hours with a technician - we schedule for someone else to come next week.... it's been a busy day.

In all the things that have happened today - this has not changed: God is still good and He still loves me! Just because my day didn't go as planned, and I now have a few unexpected things to deal with - doesn't change WHO GOD IS, and how he feels about me. When I can rest in that security - I can make it through. I am not thankful for a broken toilet tank lid, a broken home phone, or a dead battery - but I can be thankful for a God who will go through it with me.

Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.
1 Thessalonians 5:18

No comments:

Post a Comment